Skip to Navigation or Skip to Main Content
Nous is committed to providing consultants with opportunities to learn and receive professional development. However, there are no time‑bound expectations of progress: people develop at their own pace, provided they are performing well. We provide opportunities for people to learn in a variety of ways that accommodate a range of learning styles and follows the 70:20:10 model. These include:
On the job learning through projects (70%)
- Most of your time will be spent learning on projects with more senior people.
- Your development goals and others will actively support you to achieve these.
- You will be assigned a performance partner who will work with you to ensure you have a clear career development plan, which will be reviewed formally twice a year.
- You will also have a ‘buddy’ to guide you through the day‑to‑day learning to ensure you become an effective Nous consultant.
- You can also be involved in the mentoring of new consultants.
Formal training (10%)
- We provide professional development events throughout the year that assist new consultants to become proficient and consistent in their approach to consulting with Nous. These include consulting skills, business development training, project management and financial literacy.
- The organisation gathers together twice a year to collectively learn and reflect on the business strategy and plan for the year ahead. It’s also a chance to spend time with colleagues from around the country.