I’m inspired by the collaborative nature of the work Nous does: working with clients to solve challenging problems and to create positive, lasting change.
Heather works with senior executives and boards on organisation design and effectiveness. She brings experience and skills from a highly diverse, successful career in managerial roles and in consulting. She is known for the practical way in which she applies her knowledge; interpersonal, integrative and analytical skills; and outcomes focus to client assignments.
Heather’s reputation has been built through her leadership of a peak employer group, significant consulting assignments in the resources, finance, manufacturing and public sectors and her non-executive director roles. She played a significant national role over several years in promoting diversity and EEO practices to the private sector. Heather’s earlier career was spent in the health sector including several roles managing the delivery of health services.
- reviewed corporate costs and organisation structure in a resources company.
- assisted a major Australian heavy manufacturing organisation transform its management capability.
- established and facilitated a communications framework for a major, multi-nation joint venture construction project in NZ.
Systems design/renovation and implementation
- the improvement of quality and the commitment to core business processes in a major Australian bank.
Education / accreditation / board membership
- B. Social Sciences, Curtin University
- Grad. Diploma Health Sciences, Curtin University
- Grad Diploma Organisation Change and Development, RMIT
- Large Group Facilitation and Dynamics, Tavistock Institute
- Recipient, Rotary Award to research drug prevention, University of Toronto
- Recipient QEII Jubilee Award to study alcohol abuse prevention in the UK
- Her Board appointments include or have included Monash University (current), Kyneton District Health Services (current), RMIT University (Deputy Chancellor), Rhodes Scholarship Selection Committee (Vic), and Leadership Victoria.
- Heather has also served on the Advisory Committees of NRMA (Vic), the AGSM Graduate Business School and the RMIT Graduate Business School).
- Director Heuris Partners
- Principal Consultant Mettle
- Principal Consultant Empower (now Right) Consulting
- Director World Competitive Practices
- Executive Director, BCA's Council for Equal Opportunity
Heather’s non-work passions include managing a farm, producing olive oil, gardening, concerts, cooking, travel and going for very long walks.