Collaborating with clients to develop innovative, pragmatic and sustainable solutions to complex challenges is the core of what I value in consulting.
Peter is a strategic thinker who collaborates with executives from public, not-for-profit and private sector organisations to identify, develop and deliver strategic reforms. Clients value his clarity and analytical insight, his ability to negotiate agreement within complex environments, and the pragmatic and sustainable solutions that result from his work.
Peter’s experience includes an array of strategic reform and organisational design initiatives across a range of sectors. His work includes a variety of complex cost minimisation and revenue enhancement initiatives, service delivery model redesign projects and operational delivery reforms.
- Facilitated and led multiple strategic planning projects for business, government and not-for-profits
- Developed domestic and international pricing strategies for a major university, in partnership with the Vice-Chancellor, executive team and Deans
- Undertook a mergers and acquisition options assessment for a national provider of social services
- Advised a national not-for-profit on strategic responses to enable growth and improved client outcomes under customer centred reforms in government procurement arrangements
- Led a large scale war gaming and scenario planning project for a major not-for-profit aged care and human services provider
- Coordinated multiple efficiency and effectiveness reviews across a range of public sector agencies in health, education, central agencies and emergency services.
Public policy development
- Reviewed and facilitated agreement across Commonwealth, state and territory heads of departments on the institutional arrangements required to enable COAG reforms in education
- Led the post-disaster review of a major NSW emergency response and recovery initiative
- Worked with the NSW Skills Board to review the operation of new market funding arrangements for the Vocational Education and Training sector
- Developed an overarching governance framework for a state government to improve accountability and inter-agency relationships.
- Partnered with the executive team of one of Australia’s largest aged care providers in the redesign and implementation of a new operating model
- Led the redesign of key processes for a joint industry-government regulatory body
- Developed a new operating model for a major emergency services provider to improve service quality, reduce response times, and enhance organisational capabilities and culture
- Advised a Commonwealth Department on options to improve the operating model and governance architecture of a joint government / industry regulatory body
- Assessed the multi-channel complaints management practices of a major Australian financial institution.
Education / accreditation / board membership
Master of Business (Accounting), University of South Australia
Master of Music, Rice University, USA
- Bachelor of Music (Honours), Australian National University.
Prior to joining Nous, Peter was a Senior Manager in PricewaterhouseCoopers’ management consulting division, where he focussed on strategy development, policy reform and operating model design initiatives for public sector organisations. A former professional musician, Peter has also performed and recorded with orchestras and chamber music ensembles in Australia and internationally.
Peter is passionate about ideas, and has a broad range of interests across history, philosophy, science, music, art and literature. An avid reader, he is also an aspiring writer and looks forward to having the time to finish a novel one day.