Chief People Officer
I am passionate about making things simpler and helping organisations and people translate organisational capability theories into practical approaches. I love working with my fabulous Nous colleagues, who provide enormous intellectual stimulation, as well as being great collaborators and engaging personalities.
Sally is a Principal with Nous Group and the Organisational Capability Practice Leader. She has extensive experience in the organisational capability arena, having spent the last 16 years in consulting as a specialist in talent management, culture and change and broader workforce capability and organisational development. Sally has worked across a range of sectors in Australia and Northern America, with broad experience across both the private and public sector.
Transformation and change
- Exploring the organisational culture of a Queensland university, including the use of the Organisational Culture Inventory tool and facilitation of employee focus groups to understand the current culture and identify recommendations for cultural change
- Verified the performance and development culture within Victorian state schools; a multi-year project which covered in excess of 1,600 primary and secondary schools and resulted in a demonstrable change in the performance culture within the school environment
- Strategic advisor for a leading early childhood education provider on their journey to transform the organisation and embed empowered centre leadership within their operations across Australia
- Program lead for a large scale transformation people change program for one of Australia’s leading energy companies, encompassing learning and development, communication, organisation design, culture and leadership
- Facilitator of the ‘Leading organisational change’ module for a leading professional development organisation in the education sector
- Review of change implementation at a leading Australian university
- Cultural gap analysis and roadmap for an iconic Australian organisation.
Talent management and workforce planning
Partnered with the a division within a Victorian Government department to build a workforce development strategy and plan with the intent to drive a more capable and engaged workforce
- Revision of the performance management system and development of a values charter for an industry super fund
Development of a behavioural capability framework and links to HR practices for a federal agency. The capability framework arose from the workforce strategy developed by the agency and was guided by the APSC Ahead of the Game blueprint
- Creation of a learning strategy and training plan for a childcare and education provider
- Creation of a long‑term workforce strategy for an industry superannuation fund
- Development of a behavioural capability framework for a financial services organisation
- Succession planning for a hospital and an independent energy system operator in the US
- Talent review for a US pharmaceutical company.
- Organisation framework for a large Queensland based superannuation fund
- Organisation design for a national childcare and education provider
- Operational review, including people strategy and organisation structure, for an industry super fund
- Organisational review for a division within a Victorian Government department.
Education / accreditation / board membership
Sally spent seven years with a global HR consulting firm, where she focused on talent management and workforce strategy, having built a solid understanding of job design and analysis and remuneration structures. She spent the previous seven years with TMP, a global HR/Recruitment consultancy, in a variety of roles. Sally commenced her career working for a conference management organisation and then leading a small team within the direct marketing function of a publishing company.
Sally balances her busy and challenging work life with mindless, escapist pursuits outside of work! She loves shopping (particularly for shoes), cooking and reading. She also loves snow skiing, body pump, spin classes and yoga. Having lived in New York for 18 months, her personal idea of heaven is a shopping and eating holiday in the Big Apple.